- Mark West Pinot Noir from Sonoma County, California.
- Panko blue crab cakes with fennel and arugula salad and chipotle.
- Grilled Japanese tuna tataki with asparagus and fennel slaw.
- Surf and turf of grilled flat iron steak and lobster fricassee.
- Spicy Thai basil stir fry with rice noodles, shrimp, and coconut milk.
- Muddled raspberry and blueberry vodka cocktail.
- Cuban chocolate cake with brandy truffle.
- Roasted squash soup with winter fruit veloute, spiced brown butter drizzle, smoked bacon, and apple molasses.
- Alberta beef tenderloin with green beans and pearl onions on a roasted potato cake, and shallots in red wine jus.
Coast offered a decent, satisfying meal focused on mostly quality seafood ingredients. I would go with the chowder and snapper combination and not look back… I quite enjoyed the menu at Black + Blue and would recommend the soup along with the cottage pie or salmon.
The sirloin steak, served with garlic butter, was alright. It was served with the garlic fries. The thick cut fries were simply topped with fresh pressed garlic, which was quite spicy alone with the fries. I’d say Big River is decent for the price and hit the spot for our steak cravings.